Here we feature items from our archive.
Here at in the Burgh Collection we have many photographs detailing the history of the train station at Anstruther.
The rail tracks had reached Anstruther in 1863, and there was a new station in 1883 renamed as Anstruther for Cellardyke. The railway journey to Anstruther proved very popular for many years.
However the competition against the buses for passengers, and the lorries and delivery vans for freight proved too much and the line was eventually closed in 1965.